The GW Cancer Center – Cancer Data Visualizer is a publicly available, interactive website that allows users to view cancer-related data for the GW Cancer Center catchment area, which includes the District of Columbia and surrounding counties in Maryland and Virginia.
Data presented in the DC Cancer Data Visualizer comes from publicly available, deidentified data sets including:
- Cancer incidence and mortality data from the CDC and DC Cancer Registry.
- Population demographics from the US Census Bureau’s American Community Survey
Planned future additions to the visualizer include:
- Health behavior data from the DC Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance Survey
- Data on healthcare organizations, transportation, and other social determinants of health in the community from Open Data DC and Data.gov.
- Relevant environmental exposure data from the US Environmental Protection Agency, such as data available through the EnviroAtlas.
For a tutorial on how to use the visualizer, click on the orange Tutorial button below.
To open the visualizer in a new window, click here.