The Together, Equitable, Accessible, Meaningful (TEAM) Training aims to support equitable, accessible and patient-centered cancer care. The training provides guidance, tools and resources to help individuals and organizations implement quality improvements around patient-provider communication, health literacy, cultural sensitivity and shared decision-making.
More About TEAM
The no-cost training is for organizations that provide cancer care services or address cancer disparities. Services can include: community/population health interventions with a cancer-related focus, navigation, education, screening, diagnostic testing, treatment, psychosocial support and survivorship care.
Organizations must be located in the United States, tribes or territories to participate. Organizations may range in size (e.g., specific oncology department, entire practice or hospital) and care setting (e.g., community-based clinic, in-patient facility).
We are committed to convening a cohort of diverse health professionals. Organizations are strongly encouraged to engage a diverse team, including individuals diverse in race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, ability/disability and professional role.
Applications for the second TEAM Training cohort will open in November 2018.
|Apply (Coming Soon!)||View the Syllabus (Coming Soon!)||Cohort I Participants|
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
- Online, self-paced course
- Three one-hour webinars before the in-person workshop to review training purpose, assessment tools and check-in on progress and troubleshoot
- Organizational Assessment conducted as a team
- 2.5 day in-person workshop in Washington, D.C.
- Three one-hour virtual technical assistance sessions after in-person workshop involving group discussion, reporting out and troubleshooting
- Brief homework assignments as part of technical assistance sessions to foster reflection and discussion
Online Course Topics
Below is a sample of some of the many topics covered by the TEAM Online Training.