The GW Cancer Center, through partnership with GW Medical Faculty Associates, accepts the following insurance and contracted managed care and government insurance plans. While we strive to keep this list current at all times, the listed insurance and contracted managed care companies are subject to change.
- Anthem (PPO, HMO, and Point of Service, Medicare, and Health keepers VA Medicaid)
- CareFirst/BCBS of DC (PAR, HMO, PPO, POS)
- BCBS of Maryland
- Out of State BCBS
Managed Care Payers
- Adventist Health Net
- Aetna (HMO, PPO, POS Medicare)
- Cigna (HMO, PPO, POS)
- Coventry (HMO, PPO, POS, National Network, Medicare Advantage, Mail handlers Benefit Plan & First Health) **Excludes Coventry of Delaware
- HealthPayor's Org
- Informed (Anne Arundel Hospital Employees insurance)
- MultiPlan PPO
- NCAS (Third party administrator using CareFirst BCBS Network of providers)
- Sedgwick-Worker's Compensation Administrator
- Three Rivers-PPO
- United Healthcare (includes-HMO, PPO, POS, One Net PPO, Optimum Choice, United Medical Resource Network)
- Work Well-Workers Compensation Administrator
- Amerigroup - MD Medicaid MCO (applicable to practice sites in Maryland only)
- AmeriHealth DC (DC Medicaid MCO)
- Champus (Tricare Standard only)*** excludes Tricare Prime
- Children with Special Needs
- Johns Hopkins US Family Health Plan
- Medicaid of DC
- Medicaid of MD
- Medicaid of VA
- Medicare Part B
- Railroad Medicare
- Priority Partners-MD Medicaid MCO (applicable to practice sites in Maryland only)
- Trusted Health Plan (DC Medicaid MCO)
Billing Office Contact Information
The GW Medical Faculty Associates Billing Office is available to help you with questions and concerns. We’re pleased to offer Walk-in Customer Service at:
22nd and I Street, NW
Ground Floor (G-206)
Washington, DC 20037
Our hours of operation for Walk-in Customer Service are:
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Phone hours: M-F 9:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-1:00pm
Frequently Asked Questions
- I already paid for my Emergency services at the Hospital, so why am I receiving a bill from you?
Emergency services that you receive at a Hospital will generate separate bills. One bill is for the Physician staff services, and another for the facilities services. If you paid at the Hospital you most likely only paid for the Facility, as we do not have a cashier available at that location. The physician billing is solely for the services provided by the physician and their staff – the care that the physician provided to you. However, the facility bills for the use of the space, supplies, and equipment.
- Where can I send in my check payment or letter of correspondence?
You may send check payments and correspondences to: GWU MFA
P.O .Box 37056
Baltimore, MD 21297-3056
- What if I cannot pay the amount I owe in full?
In many cases, we can help establish a monthly interest-free payment plan. Partial payments made toward your balance will not stop collection activity unless you have made payment arrangements with us. Call to discuss payment options:
Customer Service Department
- May I pay my bill with a credit card?
Yes. The GW Medical Faculty Associates accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- Why did I receive a bill for a doctor I did not see?
Certain physicians help with your medical care even though you may not meet them. Commonly, these are the doctors who read your lab results, X-rays and EKGs, among others.