The Cutaneous Lymphoma Clinic is a part of the Cutaneous Oncology Program at the GW Cancer Center.
Lymphomas occur when white blood cells called lymphocytes, have uncontrolled growth. Some of these lymphocytes involve the skin and cause dry, itching skin, or rashes. These are known as cutaneous T-cell lymphoma or cutaneous lymphoma.
Cutaneous lymphoma can begin in the skin, or it can begin in other parts of the body and travel to the skin. It can also spread to lymph nodes and other organs in the body. We use a team approach to care for this complicated disease.
Patients with cutaneous T-cell and B-cell lymphoma may need expert care from both skin doctors and blood cancer doctors. Through our specialty clinic can conveniently see both specialists in one visit.
In addition, we offer the following services:
- Patients in the Cutaneous Lymphoma Clinic will receive a thorough evaluation, which may include a skin biopsy.
- Our specialists work together to determine the right treatment approach for each patient.
- Patients with advanced disease may have their case presented at a tumor board where several specialists discuss the patient's case and come up with the best treatment plan.
Innovative Treatments for Cutaneous Lymphoma
GW Cancer Center is a leader in using novel treatments for many cancers. For cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, our treatment line-up includes:
- Targeted therapies (drugs that work at the molecular level to stop cancer)
- Topical creams and ointments
- Light therapy for lymphoma rash (use of a noncancerous, narrow band of ultraviolet light to treat cutaneous lymphomas)
- Radiation therapy (using energy beams to fight cancer)
- Chemotherapy (using the blood stream to deliver anti-cancer drugs)
Our doctors always use the least-invasive treatment that will get results. For complicated or advanced cases, we have experience combining therapies for better results.
APPOINTMENTS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
For new patients, referrals, or consultations, please contact the Cutaneous Oncology Program at (202) 741-2829 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.