- GW Urological Oncology Program
- Multi-Disciplinary, Patient Centered Cancer Care
The GW Cancer Center offers advanced treatment in urology, including minimally invasive, laparoscopic surgery for the management of urinary, prostate, kidney, and pelvic disorders.
Free Prostate Cancer Screenings
Men between the ages of 40 and 70, without a history of prostate cancer, can receive a FREE prostate cancer screening, including a digital rectal exam and Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) blood test.
Date and Time: Offered the THIRD Friday of every month from 8:30 a.m to 11:30 a.m. by appointment.
Location: MFA Ambulatory Care Center, 22nd and I Streets, NW, Washington, DC 20037. One block from the Foggy Bottom Metro (Blue and Orange Lines)
Limited Availability. Register Today.
To schedule an appointment for a FREE prostate cancer screening, call 202-741-3106. Click here for more information and a printer-friendly information sheet.
The da Vinci® Surgical System
Robotic Prostatectomy a minimally invasive method of removing the prostate gland through advancements in robotics and computer technology. Using the the da Vinci robot, surgeons have more precision which lowers the risk of incontinence and impotence for patients when compared to standard prostate cancer surgery. More prostate cancer surgeries, using the da Vinci robot, are performed at The George Washington University Hospital, a partner of the GW Cancer Center, than at any other hospital in the region.
Specialized Cancer Screening, Genomic Testing, & Imaging offered at the GWU MFA:
Prostate CancerPrior to Prostate Biopsy
- 4KScore blood test - http://4kscore.com/
- Prostate Health Index (PHI) blood test - http://prostatehealthindex.us/
- SelectMDx tissue test - http://mdxhealth.com/selectmdx-prostate-cancer
During Prostate Biopsy
- UroNav MRI-Ultrasound Fusion biopsy - http://www.invivocorp.com/solutions/prostate-solutions/uronav/
After Prostate Biopsy
- ConfirmMDx - http://mdxhealth.com/confirmmdx-prostate-cancer
- Oncotype DX - http://www.genomichealth.com/en-US/oncotype_iq_products/oncotype_dx/oncotype_dx_prostate_cancer
- Decipher - http://deciphertest.com/
- Cysview® Blue Light cystoscopy - https://www.cysview.com/blue-light-cystoscopy-with-cysview-2/what-is-blue-light-cystoscopy-with-cysview/
Other Helpful Resources
Cancer Information Resources for Patients & their Families
- Urology Care Foundation: www.urologyhealth.org
- Prostate Cancer Foundation: www.pcf.org
- Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN): www.bcan.org
- American Cancer Society: http://www.cancer.org/cancer/index
Clinical Trials Information