The George Washington University (GW) Cancer Center is pleased to share the GW Radiation Oncology Annual Update for 2020. In this unprecedented time, I am incredibly proud of the courage, empathy, discipline and innovation displayed by our providers and staff.
GW Radiation Oncology has been at the forefront in mobilizing and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by rapidly implementing appreciable adaptations to workflow to continue outpatient radiation treatments, launching telehealth visits, developing novel 3D-printed face mask and face shield personal protective equipment, and offering short course radiation therapy when appropriate to minimize patient visits to the clinic.
A few highlights from this report include:
- Clinical updates and quality improvements in GW Radiation Oncology
- A tribute to GW triple alumnus and world-renowned radiation oncologist, Luther W. Brady, MD
- Education and training opportunities through the Mid-Atlantic Radiation Oncology Consortium and medical student rotations
- Clinical program updates, as well as staff and student highlights
- Highlights from our recent patient experience survey
To read more, download the full report.